Cybercrime is becoming a bigger threat for both individuals and businesses all over the world, and the demand for cybersecurity specialists is increasing all the time. In recent years, there has been a considerable growth in the tightening of cybersecurity measures, which has resulted in an increase in the number of cybersecurity specialists employed in the sector.
Individuals and small businesses want to protect themselves as well, but lack the necessary information. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for online cybersecurity certification.
What Is Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity is the practice of being protected against the criminal or unauthorized use of electronic data, or the measures are taken to achieve this.
In other words, The technique of protecting computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from hostile intrusions is known as cyber security. It’s also known as electronic information security or information technology security. The phrase is used in a range of contexts, ranging from business to mobile computing, and it may be broken down into a few categories.
Types of Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity can be categorized into five distinct types:
- Critical infrastructure security
- Application security
- Network security
- Cloud security
- Internet of Things (IoT) security
Cyber Security Engineer Salary
In the United States, a cybersecurity analyst earns an average of $76,603 a year. The annual salary ranges from $53,000 to $117,000 in this sector. Profits shared for this function could be as high as $15,000. It’s important to have a lot of experience in this field.
Best Online Cyber Security Certificate Courses
The following is a hand-picked selection of the Best Online Cyber Security Certificate Courses for gaining cybersecurity knowledge. There are open-source (free) and commercial (paid) cybersecurity courses on the list.
Volume 1 : Become a Cyber Security Specialist, Learn How to Stop Hackers, Prevent Hacking, Learn IT Security & INFOSEC
What you’ll learn
- An advanced practical skillset in defeating all online threats – advanced hackers, trackers, malware and all Internet nastiness including mitigating government spying and mass surveillance.
- Start a career in cyber security. Become a cyber security specialist.
- The very latest up-to-date information and methods.
- We cover operating system security, privacy, and patching – On Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS and Linux.
- Explore the threat landscape – Darknets, dark markets, zero day vulnerabilities, exploit kits, malware, phishing and much more.
- You will master encryption in an easy to follow crash course.
- Go in-depth into security through physical and virtual isolation and compartmentalization. Covering sandboxes, application isolation, virtual machines, Whonix and Qubes OS.
- You will learn about nation state secret tracking and hacking infrastructure.
- A certificate of completion is available signed by the instructor Nathan House so CPE credits can be claimed. An off-site sign-up is required to provide your details for this optional certificate.
Introduction to Cybersecurity is an online course that helps you learn the skills required to become a security professional. In this online cybersecurity program, you will learn to maintain and monitor the security of computer systems. This cybersecurity class will also teach you how to assess threats, respond to incidents, and implement security controls to minimize the risk.
- Cybersecurity Foundations.
- Defending and Securing Systems.
- Incident, Threats, and Vulnerabilities Response.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- Real-world projects from industry experts.
- Technical mentor support.
- Career services.
Duration: 4 months.
3. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate (Coursera Course)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop knowledge of cybersecurity analyst tools including data protection; endpoint protection; SIEM; and systems and network fundamentals.
- Learn about key compliance and threat intelligence topics important in today’s cybersecurity landscape.
- Gain skills for incident responses and forensics with real-world cybersecurity case studies.
- Get hands-on experience to develop skills via industry specific and open source Security tools.
This program is suitable for learners entering the workforce and professionals switching careers. You should be comfortable working with computers, be willing to develop new technical skills, and enjoy collaborative problem solving and communicating solutions.
By the end of this program, you will have completed a real-world security breach hands-on project and applied concepts through industry tool virtual labs to provide you with the confidence to start a career in cybersecurity.
4.6 stars (4,831 ratings)
Master’s Program in Cyber Security
The Cyber Security Expert Master’s Program will equip you with the skills needed to become an expert in this rapidly growing domain. You will learn comprehensive approaches to protecting your infrastructure, including securing data and information, running risk analysis and mitigation, architecting cloud-based security, achieving compliance and much more with this best-in-class program.
- Simplilearn JobAssist™Get noticed by the top hiring companies
- 8X higher interaction in live online classes conducted by industry expertsGain Insights from Industry Experts and advance your career
- Exam voucherExam voucher included for CEH
- Lifetime accessto self-paced videos & class recordings
World’s #1 Online Bootcamp 4.5
Image credits: pixabay.com