If you want to learn pottery so you can make your own ceramics, you’re in the right place!
To compile this list of the Best Pottery Online Training, Pottery classes Dublin, Courses, Classes, Certifications, Tutorials, and Programs, our team of experienced reviewers looked through a lot of data and watched hours of video.
Hand Built Pottery & Modelling is a course run by Clane Community School, Kildare, Ireland. It is a Practical course with a duration of 8.
A course for beginners and the experienced in the techniques of hand built pottery and modelling. All items made during the course are kiln fired and glazed. The Hand Built Pottery & Modelling course at Clane Community School is listed in Courses.ie’s national courses finder.
|Training Provider||Clane Community School|
|Course Location||Clane, Kildare|
|Course Time||7:30 p.m.|
Learn hand building techniques and how to throw pots on a potter’s wheel. Join our fun and relaxing class which is open to beginners and improvers. * Materials included. The Pottery course at Palmerstown Community School Adult Education is listed in Courses.ie’s national courses finder.
|Training Provider||Palmerstown Community School Adult Education|
|Course Location||Palmerstown, Dublin|
|Location Postcode||Dublin 20|
|Awarding Body Details||Certificate.|
|Course Start Date||1st February 2022|
|Course End Date||12th April 2022|
|Course Duration||10 weeks|
|Course Time||Tuesday – 7.00-9.00pm.|
|Phone||01-2551909/ Mob: 087 6882924|
In this online pottery course, you will learn how to set the wheel up, methods of throwing, centering, pulling walls and shaping a pot, cutting it off the wheel and quickly trimming it. Beyond simple pot making, the course goes into how to rim finishing methods, spouts, scalloped edges, as well as a 3-step process of creating your own pottery mug.
Being hosted on Skillshare, new users can take this class and all the others mentioned on this list for free when using the 1-month free trial! Overall, a great class for those looking to master the pottery wheel.
- Beginner to intermediate ceramics students
- 16 video lessons
- 1 hour and 4 mins of content
- Pottery wheel access required, as well as basic ceramics tools
- 1214 students have taken this course
Through this online pottery classes, you will learn;
- Understanding of the technical processes, concepts and practices of pottery wheel based art.
- Student will be able to throw basic forms on the pottery wheel.
This course offers a thorough, well-organized, and detailed approach to the numerous aspects of the of the potter’s wheel as a mode of artistic expression. Students learn through text, video demonstrations and skill building exercises that walk individuals through a strategic hierarchy of beginning forms. The class moves through studio set up and safety, construction processes, to artistic aesthetic choices.
This Best Pottery Online Training will teach you;
- How to make a beautiful pottery leaf plate or platter using clay and real leaves in simple constructive steps
- What clay is and how to work most effectively with it, understanding it’s different states and types
- How to decide what clay to use, based on the function (use) of the item you are making & the glaze effect you want
- How to choose the best leaves to use and apply healing intention during the creative process
- An overview of decoration techniques and how oxides, underglazes, glazes and lustres are used to colour pottery
- How to hand-build using clay, apply a real leaf impression and finish off the edges to a professional level
- How to apply oxide and glaze to decorate & colour the plate or platter you are making and achieve a beautiful finish
Article by skillshouter team