"This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission. Thanks.”
American red cross certifications, American CPR red cross online training, Jobs with red cross, all of these queries have been answered through this post. I am sure you will find what you are looking for in the red cross-domain.
What is Red Cross?
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement was formed to defend human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
It has roughly 97 million volunteers, members, and staff worldwide. There are three distinct groups within it that are legally separate from one another but are linked inside the movement by common basic beliefs, objectives, symbols, statutes, and governing bodies.
American Red Cross (ARC)
The American Red Cross (ARC), commonly known as the American National Red Cross, is a non-profit humanitarian organization based in the United States that provides emergency aid, disaster relief, and disaster preparedness education.
It is the United States’ recognized affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, as well as the US movement within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The company provides services as well as training programs. On May 21, 1881, Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross in Dansville, New York, and served as its first president.
Red Cross Certifications/Classes online
If you are looking for red cross training programs, then we have curated some popular red cross online courses/classes for you. You just need to click on the link sign up on the respective red cross training website.
This course is designed for students who need a certification that satisfies OSHA requirements but are unable to take an in-person skill session at this time. Upon completion of the online class, students will receive a 1 year Provisional Red Cross certification. To receive a 2 year Red Cross certification that satisfies OSHA requirements, the student must successfully complete the Provisional Adult First Aid/CPR/AED Skill Session, which needs to be completed within one year and is sold separately.
This American CPR course is designed for students who need a certification that satisfies OSHA requirements but are unable to take an in-person skill session at this time. Upon completion of the online class, students will receive a 1 year Provisional Red Cross certification. To receive a 2 year Red Cross certification that satisfies OSHA requirements, the student must successfully complete the Provisional Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Skill Session, which needs to be completed within one year and is sold separately.
Learn important life saving first aid. Treatment of major illness and injurie
Do you want to know what to do in an emergency life-threatening situation? This course will empower you with the skills to know how to treat various life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
The course consists of illustrated step-by-step directions, flow charts, diagrams, videos and a short test yourself section fully compatible with all computers and mobile devices. You will be able to stop and start as often as you like and on completion, you will be able to print your Certificate.
It is impossible to cover all eventualities within this course or to equip you with the knowledge and skills to appropriately diagnose and treat unpredictable real-life situations. If you suspect illness or injury, you should always seek immediate professional medical advice.
What you’ll learn
- To learn how to treat an unconscious casualty
- To learn how to treat a casualty choking
- To learn how to treat a bleed
- To learn how to treat Epilepsy
- To learn how to treat asthma
- To learn what anaphylaxis is and how to treat
Streamline Health Services offers American Red Cross blended learning courses, which consist of both online and classroom components. The American Red online course will prepare participants for the Streamline Health Services classroom skill session and must be completed by the first class date. Please carefully read the following steps to complete the American Red Cross online course. The online course will take approximately 8 hours to complete. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Red Cross F&Q
Jobs with Red Cross (American Red Cross Jobs)
When natural disasters occur or people suffer personal problems, the American Red Cross is ready to help. This group offers First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training to those who are interested. Staff from the Red Cross also assist in the operation of blood donor clinics and the distribution of blood products to hospitals across the country.
The American Red Cross is looking for professionals who want to do something that allows them to help others. This non-profit organization hires both new graduates and professionals with prior work experience. Workers at the Red Cross can expect a competitive salary, as well as a benefits package and career prospects.
Types of Jobs at the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross recruits professionals for positions in the following job categories:
- Audit & Compliance
- Customer Support/Call Center
- Case Management
- Communications & Media Relations
- Document Control/Information Management
- Disaster Response/Relief
- Donor Recruitment and Sales
- Donor and Client Support Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Human Resources
- Health and Safety
- Health/Mental Health Services
- Information Technology
- International Development
- Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Medical and Technical/Laboratory Staff
- National Testing Laboratory
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Real Estate/Facilities
- Risk Management
- Training Design & Delivery
Salary for CEO of Red Cross
The average executive compensation at the American Red Cross is $148,039 per year. Executives at the American Red Cross earn an average of $167,874 per year, or $80 per hour, including base salary and bonuses. The highest-paid executive in the American Red Cross earns $400,000 a year, while the lowest-paid earns $30,000. according to Gail McGovern.
As per approx record 1,464 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 18 most highly compensated employees listed below:
- $709,164: Gail McGovern, President and CEO
- $700,415: Clifford Holtz, COO
- $651,238: Shaun Gilmore, Chief Transformation Officer
- $642,142: James C Hrouda, President, Biomedical Services
- $509,225: Brian Rhoa, CFO
- $441,413: John McMaster, President, PHSS
- $439,002: Julio Delgado, Analyst V, Investments
- $439,921: Paul Sullivan, SVP, Collections
- $425,892: Don Herring, Chief Development Officer
- $410,134: Jennifer Do, Technologist III, IRL
- $407,459: Sherri Brown, President, Humanitarian Service
- $406,434: Greg Williamson, Chief Investment Officer
- $397,884: Ronnie Strickland, CIO
- $395,224: Melissa Hurst, Chief HR Officer
- $382,536: Neal Litvack, Chief Marketing Officer
- $268,499: Harvey Johnson, President, Humanitarian Services
- $255,536: David Meltzer, General Counsel and Chief International Officer
- $230,815: Jennifer Hawkins, Corp Secretary and Chief of Staff
Image source: pixels.com