Every year, an estimated 2.3 million individuals die as a result of work-related accidents or diseases around the world, equating to approximately 6000 deaths per day. Annually, there are around 340 million workplace accidents and 160 million victims of work-related illnesses in the world. The annual cost of work-related and new cases of ill health in the United Kingdom was £15 billion.
This post will provide you popular health and safety courses online for free and paid list with their objectives. You can add skills to your resume and enhance knowledge of Nutrition and Health.
Following are the list of best health and safety courses online:
Online FREE course to help you improve your understanding of health and wellbeing
Are you looking to gain a better knowledge of Nutrition and Health? Do you want to upskill and have a certificate to add to your CV?
Gain an understanding of the impact that food and diet has on health and gain a nutrition-related qualification as an addition to your current skillset.
- Learn about how diet affects a person’s health, focusing on the five major food groups
- Gain a practical insight into effective weight management
- Understand more about different types of eating disorders
- Discover how nutritional needs vary according to an individual’s age
This course will enable you to start your career as a nutritionist, dietician or personal trainer. You will explore how good nutrition enhances wellbeing, and can help manage or prevent disease.
Learn more about the food sanitation practices and procedures with this food safety training online course.
This free health and safety online course in Food Safety course teaches you about safe practices and procedures within food service operations. A solid sanitation and safety program is vital for any food service operation, big or small. By the end of the course you’ll know all about the individual cleanliness guidelines applicable to everyone within sanitation and safety operations, as well as the important role the manager plays in these operations.
After completing this Food Safety course the learner will be able to:
- Describe sanitary food handling practices
- List correct cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Outline safe practices in the food preparation area to avoid accidents
- List personal cleanliness guidelines for handling food
- Describe the role and influence of the manager in the food service sanitation and safety operation
This course aims to inspire directors and senior managers and provide them with an understanding of their responsibility for the safety, health and wellbeing of people in their organization.
By the end of the Health and Safety course students will:
- Understand the health and safety requirements placed on organisations and individuals
- Understand how to reduce risks to people and the business
- Understand how good health and safety will support the bottom line
- Assess how well safety, health and wellbeing is being led within their organisation
- Understand the latest thinking on wellbeing, mental health and stress management
- Reflect on and identify improvements to their personal leadership in relation to health and safety.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
- We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
- Learning is student-centered and interactive
- Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
Learn the requirements and standards associated with OSHA and workplace safety. Safety best practices for the workplace.
What you’ll learn
- Define terms such as floor opening, standard railing, standard toeboard, floor hole, and wall opening. They will be able to identify safety requirements to help prevent walking and working surface hazards related to general housekeeping floors, walls, open-sided surfaces, stairways, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Gain a thorough understanding of mechanical hazards and the importance of safeguarding machines. They will have learned about different types of guards and devices that will protect them as they work. Employees will understand OSHA standards in regard to machine guarding.
- Identify the four main types of injuries that may result from electrical contact. The student will be able to describe the three types of electrical hazards that may be encountered, and name warning signs that indicate their existence. They will also be able to identify methods of protection from electrical hazards and safety training requirements for working with electrical equipment.
- Find and identify the standards that are place in order to prevent these hazards, as well as the primary concerns associated with design and construction, ventilation, ignition sources, and storage. The student will be able to identify boiling points and will be able to explain the degrees in which explosions can occur and how to prevent them.
- Articulate the importance of ergonomics in the workplace. They will be able to define ergonomics and identify risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders, as well as explain the benefits of using a proactive approach to ergonomics in the workplace. The student will be able to discuss the elements of an effective ergonomic process.
- Distinguish why having an emergency action plan is important. They will be able to identify potential emergencies and what should be included in the plan. The student will be able to describe how to account for personnel, and discuss what kind of medical assistance, security, and training should be made available.
- Locate the minimum requirements for lockout and tagout of energy isolating devices. They will be able to identify employer requirements and responsibilities, device requirements and procedural requirements.
- Identify what respirators are, how respirators function, and what is needed for a respirator to provide protection. They will be able to describe how a respirator works, what filter classifications and cartridges are used for different situations, as well as the care and maintenance for respirators.
- Solve general hazards related to slips, trips, and falls. They will also be able to explain the proper usage of ladders, stairs, ramps, and loading docks, as well as the common
5. Infection Prevention and Control (Online Free Courses)
Introduction: It explains infection prevention and control in the workplace, standard precautions of infection control, common infections and modes of transmission, how to identify and report situations that pose a risk for infection to control the spread of infection.
Fully accredited Level 3 course through IIRSM and CPD. 100% Success Rate
The course goes into detail about each area of Health and Safety that businesses may encounter and provides information on how to undertake effective risk assessments and implement relevant, sufficient and appropriate control measures. The course gives an in depth guide to Health and Safety legislation and aims to raise awareness of the responsibilities that all managers and supervisors plus Health and Safety specialists are expected to maintain.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this Health and Safety course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by ‘Health and Safety’
- Identify common workplace incidents and general ways to reduce their risk
- Recite the procedure to carry out in the event of a fire and know which fire extinguisher should be used
- Understand the importance and use of PPE
- Explain the basics of COSHH and how to minimise the risk of hazardous substances
- Identify different types of safety signs and know about first aid In the workplace
- Understand the basics of working at height
- Work with display screens correctly
- Deal with violence in the workplace
- Identify the key causes of stress
- List the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to electrical equipment
Develop the confidence and competence in diet and nutrition to become a professional diet and nutritionist with this ultimate bundle Health, diet and Fitness – Mega Bundle course!
What you’ll get:
This bundle package features the following courses, offering an incredible learning opportunity to enter the professional world and impress your potential employers with an extensive knowledge base and top-notch skills!
- Vegan, Vegetarian, or Flexitarian
- Health & Nutrition
- Nutritional Therapy
- Weight Loss and Metabolism
- Diet & Nutrition
- Nutrition Masterclass
- Nutrition – Health, Fitness & Dieting
This bundle Health, diet and Fitness – Mega Bundle course is perfect for beginners who are new to diet and nutrition and want to kickstart their career as well as those professionals who want to further climb the ladder of success and set themselves apart from other employees.
You can expect this bundle course to:
- Set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise needed to succeed
- Fully enhance your skillset, polishing your team leading and active monitoring skills
- Equip you with a full range of the necessary skills to propel your career
- Give you a competitive edge in the crowded marketplace
Article submitted by kevin